Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hush, Little Baby / Bed Time

Here is my Baby - well big girl - :-) working on cooking her first pot of pasta. Okay, that is not really what I wanted to share. But while I was looking for a picture of Alyssa to post with the coming little story i came across this one.
  
Anyway what I wanna share happened at bed time. Ever since she was born I'm singing her 3 songs before she goes to bed. I used to sing the same songs ("Guten Abend, Guten Nacht", "Schlaf Kindlein", "La, Le, Lu") every night until a few weeks ago. Because now Alyssa wants me only to sing "Hush, Little Baby". The words to this long song I just learned about 18 months ago during the training to become a licensed Kindermusik Educator. But now to the point I'm trying to make. Tonight singing the song for the third time Alyssa started singing with me. And to my surprise she didn't just know all the words but also sang in the right key most of the time. To round it off. She also sang "La, Le, Lu" with me as well. She sang this one with me before several times. I wished I had the video camera or at least a cd-/tape-recorder there. :-(
Well now just in case you like to sing those song now after reading this hear are the words:
 
 
Hush, Little Baby
 
Hash, little baby, don't say a word.
Mama's gonna buy you a mocking bird.
 
If that mockingbird won't sing,
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring.
 
If that diamond ring turns brass,
Mama's gonna buy you a lookin' glass.
 
If that lookin' glass gets broke,
Mama's gonna buy you a billy goat.
 
If that billy goat won't pull, 
Mama's gonna buy you a cart and bull.
 
If that cart and bull turn over,
Mama's gonna buy you a dog named Rover.
 
If that dog named Rover won't bar,
Mama's gonna buy you a horse and cart.
 
If that horse and cart fall don,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.
  
Listen to this version of the song.
 
 
"La, Le, Lu"
 
La, Le, Lu,
nur der Mann im Mond schaut zu
wenn die kleinen Babys schlafen
drum schlaf auch du
 
La, Le, Lu
vor dem Bettchen stehn zwei Schuh
und die sind genau so müde
wie du
 
Dann kommt noch der Sandmann
kehrt ein in dein Haus
sucht aus seinen Träumen
dir den schönsten aus
 
La, Le , Lu
nur der Mann im Mond schaut zu
wenn die kleinen Babys schlafen
drum schlaf auch du
 Good night! Sleep tide and don't let the bed bugs bite.

No comments: